The Centre for Early Childhood Development (CECD) first opened its doors in 1994. We are a national resource providing training, support and advice in the field of early childhood development. The focus of our work is on improving the education and care of children from disadvantaged communities.
We work with
- Communities, providing technical assistance to early childhood development projects
- Organisations, enhancing organisation efficiency and effectiveness.
- Individuals, developing skills and increasing their capacity.
- Parents, providing information on the development of children.
Our mission is to increase the capacity of individuals, organisations and communities in delivering early childhood development programmes and services. This is pursued through a range of programmes, projects and services.
The CECD team
Abigail Daniels – ECD Assistant
Amanda Mbali – Community Engagement Activist
Aziza Schreuder – Programme Manager
Boniswa Gquma – Office Administrator
Bridget Kahts – Programme Manager
Chanel Fredericks – Programme Manager
Eric Atmore – Director
Gloria van Rensburg – Outreach Worker
Jessica Blom – Operations Manager
Kirsty Barnes – ECD Assistant
Lauren van der Westhuizen – ECD Assistant
Lisa Jurgens – ECD Assistant
Lutfieyah Sadien – Trainer
Michaela Ashley-Cooper – Programme Manager
Najwah Mukadam – Events Co-ordinator
Navarne Wheeder – ECD Assistant
Nelisa Manyonta – ECD Assistant
Nontembiso Leve – Development Worker
Philip Banda – Gardener/Handyman
Roz Witbooi – General Manager
Sarah Atmore – Programme Manager
Tatum Dyson – ECD Assistant
Thembisa Nkohla – Trainer
Victoria Lumko – General Worker
William Kaunda – Gardener/Handyman
Yusrah Ehrenreich – Advocacy and Social Justice Manager
Zahra Manji – Funding
The Centre for Early Childhood Development strives to:
- Advocate policies and practices that create improved conditions for young children.
- Assist policy makers in the search for effective and affordable ways of offering early childhood development programmes.
- Promote effective, affordable and replicable models of early childhood development.
- Support and strengthen organisations and communities which offer early childhood development programmes.
- Build partnerships with organisations implementing early childhood development programmes.
- Create awareness about early childhood development by developing and disseminating resources, information and materials to the ECD sector.
- Assist communities to establish early childhood development centres and programmes.
- Provide training opportunities for early childhood development workers.